How to register for INBDE?

Step 1: Register for a DENTPINŽ or retrieve their existing DENTPINŽ at  
Step 2: Submit the application on and pay the application fee.
Step 3: Eligibility requirements testing by ECE (Educational Credential Evaluators)
Step 4: Name changes and birth date correction.

DENTPINŽ Registration:

The DENTPINŽ (DENTal Personal Identifier Number) is a unique personal identifier for professionals and students involved with the U.S. dental education system and standardized testing programs. If you tested or applied to test, a DENTPIN has been assigned to you and you can retrieve it by selecting the DENTPIN Retrieval button.

You must retrieve or register for a DENTPINŽ from this site and use it to apply to a dental education program or application service, apply to test, or request a score report.

The name on your identification card(s) (IDs) must match exactly with the name in your DENTPINŽ record. If the name in your DENTPIN record and the name on your IDs do not match exactly, you will be denied admission to testing and will forfeit your testing appointment and fee. You will be required to submit a new application and fee.

To avoid delays in processing your application and score request, be sure that the information you provide to the following programs/organizations is accurate and identical (legal name, date of birth, and DENTPIN).

Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE):

Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE) Reports – Official ECE course-by-course evaluations are required to be sent to ADEA CAAPID. All international schooling during or after your Bachelor degree (specialties, master’s degrees, etc.), except for schooling in Canada or the US, needs to have a course-by-course ECE evaluation.

All materials should be sent to ECE at one time for creating one cohesive ECE report with all schooling. You are required to submit your transcripts with all attempts for courses included. If your ECE does not have a Comprehensive GPA, it will not be considered. Reports do not need to be sent to the University. WES evaluations are not accepted.

In South Asian region most of the dental colleges provide us degree with percentage so ECE is basically conversion of our percentage into GPA according to their system. They charge you approximately 195$ for this but this may vary every year. This can be done through website. Before you apply to this make sure you have an USA address because they only send back the ECE documents to an USA address. It need not to be your own address you can write the address your family, relatives or friends in USA.

Document that ECE requires are:

  1. Dental graduation certificate
  2. Internship Completion certificate
  3. Final Transcript
  4. Yearly marksheet (Year I to Year V)
  5. Clerkship Letter
  6. Permanent registration certificate (as a dentist) of your country

All the documents must be an original or an attested copy with an original institutional seal and signature. The attested copy should be issued and signed/stamped by the same office that issues original documents. Notarized copies are not acceptable. The envelope should be sealed by the issuing body with a seal, stamp, or signature of an official on the back side flap closure. Your dental college can provide you with all of these but you need to give an application and pay some amount.

For Country Specific ECE Documents: Visit ECE Official Website

Updated Aug 17, 2022.